President Lincoln’s Cottage is committed to sharing stories and fostering open dialogue surrounding President Lincoln and his brave ideas. We acknowledge that, while digital interaction brings exposure to and builds community around cultural institutions like ours, it also comes with risks for users, specifically in terms of mental health. We are therefore doubly committed to using our social media accounts for the good of the community, to make people aware of our mission and programs, and to encourage conversations about history and its relevance today.
Our motivation is always to educate and inspire. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to engage with President Lincoln’s Cottage on our social media platforms. The content serves to offer new perspectives on Abraham Lincoln’s life and character as well as the fight for freedom and equality today. Posts, comments, and replies on Cottage channels should be respectful and appropriate. We reserve the right to delete any of the following types of content, and block users who share such content:
• Violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist posts, links or images
• Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
• Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
• Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
• Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users