MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
With guidance from senior staff, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator (MCC) is responsible for executing all marketing and press initiatives for President Lincoln’s Cottage advancement. The MCC reports directly to the Director of Development (DoD). This position is responsible for promoting President Lincoln’s Cottage programs, events, and products and helping to ensure the brand is presented consistently and effectively across platforms. Work may be outside of normal business hours, require seasonal shifts in schedule, and may include work on occasional weekend days and holidays.
- Coordinate all public relations, marketing, and communications activities including maintaining the Constant Contact database, promoting programs, events, and opportunities, placing advertising, and maintaining active membership in local marketing organizations on behalf of the organization.
- Develop and establish a cohesive marketing and communications plan encompassing both development and programmatic priorities.
- With guidance from senior staff, serve as point-of-contact for press including writing releases, coordinating press events, pitching stories, and responding to press inquiries, requests for interviews, and filming.
- Coordinate efforts to cultivate and manage relationships with key media partners.
- Maintain and update engagement platforms including the website and official social media accounts.
- With review by senior staff, design and distribute all mass email communications including the e-newsletter and promotions.
- Create and coordinate design work, including annual reports and other development and programmatic pieces, to ensure a consistent brand.
- Develop and execute plans to further audience engagement and diversification.
- Support development and programmatic events by participating in event planning, carrying out marketing/communications plans, and providing day-of event support.
- Coordinate with development team on messaging and strategies for fundraising campaigns through multiple channels (direct mail, social, email).
- Support colleagues by providing back-up assistance, as determined by DoD.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of professional level experience, with a background in nonprofit communications or public relations preferred. Experience and/or interest in a museum, preservation, arts & cultural, or other non-profit settings a plus.
- Experience coordinating relating projects, such as communications plans.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Basic project coordination skills including ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently, and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to both achieve results with general supervision and collaborate to achieve results.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated success in helping to market to and engage culturally diverse audiences and partners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Knowledge of software and resources such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Adwords, Constant Contact, and Facebook analytics, a plus.
- Fluency in more than one language a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required, preferable in a related field.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing & Communications Coordinator – President Lincoln’s Cottage.”
President Lincoln’s Cottage is a proud recipient of the Washingtonian’s 50 Great Places to Work (2017)